CIT105P Contact Info and How to Submit Homework
Phone: (816) 235-1588, PACE Office, for messages.
In an emergency, another contact is:
Phone: (816) 674-1133, cell phone.
CIT105P: Lab Hours & Online Office Hours
- This class is an asynchronous class co-taught by D. Nicole English & Mike Strong, and we share support duties.
- For CIT105P, if you need one-on-one lab support, there is a regular lab session on Mondays at 1pm in the PACE Office, SH 104, with Mike Strong.
- Nicole English does online grading and email. Online Office hours are 1-2pm, Mon-Fri, via email.
- If you have questions, you can also post them to the "Ask the Instructors" Discussion List/Board, on Blackboard.
- The Discussion Board is found by clicking the Tools Link, on the Blackboard navigation bar on the left side of the Blackboard window.
- If for some reason you are unable to use the Discussion Board, then you can always email the assignments as an email attachment. See email info below.
CIT105P: Instructions for Submitting Assignments via Discussion Board
- For CIT105P, you will be submitting all the assignments via email. See email info below.
- For the Power Point Assignment and Power Point Final Project, however, you also have the option to submit via the Discussion Board as an attachment.
- (Power Point files tend to get rather large, so, submitting the files this way won't blow out any email inboxes...!)
- The Discussion Board is found by clicking the Tools Link, on the Blackboard Navigation bar on the left side of the Blackboard window.
Instructions for Submitting Assignments via Email
- Send emailed assignments to Nicole English, EnglishN@umkc.edu
- When sending an assignment via email, be sure to put the class number in the Subject line, e.g. CIT105P.
- If you could add a short title of the assignment, (e.g. WP, SS0, SS1, SS2, DB1, DB2, DB3, Internet, PC, PPt, Integration, Project, etc.), that would also be very helpful.
- An example Subject line might look like this:
- Subj: CIT105P SS1,SS2
- Subj: CIT105P Q (or Question)
- Be sure you include your full student name and UMKC username in the body of your email so that your work can be easily graded and credited to you.
- Be sure to include the assignment as an attachment (or include a link, if that is more appropriate).
- If you have Questions, you might email your questions separately from Homework submissions for quicker response time. Or you can post a question to the "Ask the Instructors" Discussion List.
- In responding to email, I try to do grading each week (although sometimes I run a tad later). For general email queries, I try to respond to Questions within 24-48 hours (under normal circumstances).
- Be sure to always CC a copy to yourself of all our communications, and especially of your HW submissions.
- If you would like to have a confirmation that your email has been received, you might want to use the Return Receipt Feature on your emails to me, especially on your HW submissions. You would find the Return Receipt Feature under Options, which is found on the toolbar at the top of your email message. That way, if I do not get back to you promptly, at least you know that I have received your email.